Temperatures in Knoxville are going to be in the 90s on Friday 8 July but it will feel like above 100. These are serious conditions and injury or death are preventable, Take precautions:
- Stay hydrated. Drink lots of water.
- Apply sunscreen regularly when outdoors
- Dress in light-colored and lightweight clothing
- Take frequent breaks in the shade or air conditioning if possible
- NEVER leave kids or pets unattended in a vehicle…LOOK before you LOCK!
- If you recognize signs of heat exhaustion or heat stroke, treat as a medical emergency. Visit https://www.osha.gov/heat/worker-information for more information