LiveSafe meets student requests for a mobile solution to simplify communication with the university. Users have convenient access to campus resources and services without having to search the internet for them.
- Use your smartphone contacts to invite friends and family to “walk” (or drive) with you virtually
- Place an emergency call to the nearest 911—no matter where you are
- Reach UT Police via emergency call or text
- Report an incident to a variety of campus offices
- Access important resources like emergency procedures and the safety map
- Report suspicious activity
Sign Up Today
- Students, faculty and staff can download and install LiveSafe
- Register the app with your phone number or email
- Family and friends can also download the UT Knoxville visitor version of the app
Request help in an emergency. Communicate with local emergency services and UT Police, no matter where you are in the world.
Report an Issue.
Something’s happened? With just a few taps, quickly and easily submit a non-emergency report. You can also report campus facility issues.
Know what to do in an emergency. Access important information from UT like emergency procedures, shuttle routes, and campus shelter locations and assembly areas.
Report Suspicious Activity.
Share information with safety and security. When you see something suspicious, share that intel with UT Police. In addition to text, you can share a photo, video, or audio recording.
The SafeWalk feature allow you to virtually “walk” and “ride with” your contacts to their destinations (or have them walk you to yours) and know when they have arrived.
Access pandemic-related answers, campus updates, and support.
The LiveSafe app supplements—but does not replace—the UT Alert system. For more information about UT Alert, please visit the UT Alert information site.