Everyone has a role in the campus effort to be prepared. More importantly, every student, faculty, and staff member is a critical part of the response. The information in this section will help you prepare and respond to life-threatening emergencies.
Shelter in place: Stay indoors—if possible in an interior room, away from windows.
Determine your best action:
- RUN if you have a clear escape path
- HIDE behind a locked door or barricade
- FIGHT—only as a last resort
Here is how to be prepared for an emergency situation:
- Make a family communication plan
- Locate an AED/Stop the Bleed Kit in your building
- Find the emergency information posters in your building
- Build an emergency kit with a few days of supplies
- Update your mobile number in UT Alert
- Take preparedness training in Canvas
Familiarize yourself with and download the campus safety app.